Capturing the reality as-built for various purposes (renovation, rapid energy analysis, add-on design, historic preservation, fun, etc.) is now possible using your standard point and shoot digital camera thanks to advanced computer vision technologies made available through Project Photofly.
- Allows anyone with a digital camera to create near accurate 3D models from photographs using the web.
- Utilizes common point and shoot digital cameras.
- Harnesses the power of cloud computing to translate photos into detailed 3D models.
- 3D models can be manipulated by design software (e.g., AutoCAD, Inventor, 123D).
- Allows sharing through YouTube, iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch.